Visiteurs 24
Modifié le 8-Oct-11
8-Oct-11 créé
24 photos

  • Don't forget the "SLIDESHOW" button
  • N'oubliez pas le bouton "SLIDESHOW"

The park was designed by Bernard Tschumi, a French architect of Swiss origin, who built it from 1984 to 1987 on the site of the huge Parisian abattoirs (slaughterhouses) and the national wholesale meat market, as part of an urban redevelopment project. The slaughterhouses, built in 1867 on the instructions of Napoléon III, had been cleared away and relocated in 1974.