Le chateau de NOISY
- Don't forget the "SLIDESHOW" button
- N'oubliez pas le bouton "SLIDESHOW"
Appelé chateau de Miranda ou plus communément Noisy, celui-ci s'élève dans le parc d'une ancienne maison aujourd'hui disparue.
A l'époque de la Révolution, les parents du comte Hilarion quittèrent le château de Celles et allèrent s'installer dans la ferme voisine
de Noisy qui prit le nom de château.
Malheureusement, ce magnifique château a été incendié en 1995 et est maintenant à l'abandon
Source et photo ancienne: www.ping.be/gendronThe official name of the castle is Château Miranda, later named Home de Noisy.
The first owner was Graaf de Liedekerke-Beaufort, he lived in the castle from 1816 to 1890. During the French revolution, the family of the Count from Liedekerke-Beaufort has left the nearby castle of Vèves to hide in a farm outside the village. After the revolution, the farm took the name of castle and finally became this gigantic house. The castle is built in 1866 by an English architect called Milner.
After WWII inherits of this family leave the castle. From the 1950's the castle is used for 20 years by the national railway company NMBS. The castle was used as a home for the children of the NMBS employees.
After the 1970's the castle was used for sport and activity camps for children. In 1991 the castle is abandoned.